Aiden has a friend, Logan, in his class that was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes last summer. This year, he invited his whole class to walk with him at the JDRF walk. Hunter and Holden needed a ride, so Brandon and I walked with 5 kiddos!
As you can see, it was a slightly cold morning, but there were lots of cool things going on. This is Crash, the mascot for the Iowa Wild hockey team.
Also, the Isiserettes were a great show and very loud! The kids were thrilled with the dancing AND the drum line. I think they are convinced to stay in piano for a lot longer so they can be percussionists!
Emery with a bird's eye view!
Aiden's teacher, Mrs. Sorenson, along with their high school helpers, Ms. Abbey and Mr. Logan walked with Logan's large team!
These two are up to no good!
Emery, Holden, Aiden, Bodee, Parker, Fisher, and Hunter, post walk photo! I am so proud of all of the kiddos who showed up to support their friend. The empathy and compassion is so awesome to see in 2nd graders!







No comments:
Post a Comment